Net Nanny for Android Detailed Setup
- Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread) or higher
- ARM v7 or higher instruction set
- 40 MB of internal storage space
- Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G access
Getting started with Net Nanny is as easy as 1, 2, 3…
- Install the App
From the device you wish to protect, go to the appropriate app market, search for Net Nanny, and begin the installation of the app. (Note that the button may be labeled "Trial" or "Free"; this is for customers who have not yet completed the subscription process.)
- Complete the installation by logging in with the account you created during the purchase process.
If you're currently on the device you wish to protect, simply click on the appropriate market icon. Note: If you have trouble finding Net Nanny in either market, click here to download the software from our site.
- Create & Link a User
The installation will walk you through these activities. Note that your device will not be protected until the installation process is complete and you have linked the device to a user.
- Manage Users, Devices and See activity
Go online to admin.netnanny.com to the Net Nanny for Android Admin Console to manage all of your settings.
- Customize User Profiles (Optional)
- Once you have linked a user to a device, you may customize the category settings for that user by logging into the Admin Console at admin.netnanny.com.
- Make Net Nanny the Primary Browser on your Device (Optional)
- Net Nanny will block all other Internet browsers from executing on this device. You may wish to put the Net Nanny browser icon on your primary screen to make it easy to surf the net at any time. To do this, hold down the icon for two seconds and then drag it to your main screen.
- When you click on a URL link from another application, such as email, Android will present you with a chooser menu, which will allow you to select the browser you would like to use to complete that action. In order to ensure that Net Nanny is the default browser and to avoid this step going forward, select check the box that says “Use by default for this action”.