Learn from a mom how a potential predator was thwarted by Net Nanny Social. Read here.
Net Nanny Recommended in the News
January 16, 2015 — Net Nanny Joins Discussion on Teens Watching Online Porn – CNN.com
December 15, 2014 — All Nextbook Android Tablets to Come Preloaded With 30-Day Net Nanny Trial – PR Newswire
October 28, 2014 — American Ninja Warrior Host, Jenn Brown, Shares Net Nanny with All of Her Baby Shower Guests – People.com
Why Use Parental Controls Software?
Parents maintain busy schedules that include preparing school lunches each morning, helping with geography projects, keeping the pantry stocked, and carpooling to soccer practice.
Most do not have time to sit and catch their breath, let alone sit and monitor their kids’ every keystroke and click during online activity. So sometimes online monitoring and protection does not receive high priority. However, online threats are real and dangerous.
Did you know?
- Most kids are first exposed to porn at less than 11 years of age?
- An unsolicited image is the beginning of a long battle with porn addiction?
- 1 in 5 children ages 10-17 have been approached for sex online?
- 57% of kids have accidentally accessed inappropriate material online?
- 75% of these young people do not tell their parents about these incidents?
- The porn industry is now the 7th largest industry in the U.S.?
- Unprotected Internet access can lead to identity theft, cyberbullying, and social network dangers?
What happens in the privacy of a cell phone or computer can affect everyone in the family.
Young children are not generally malicious, but they are curious and are trusting. Kids innocently and easily get into trouble online without awareness of the consequences. They need protection from others and themselves.
Parental control software monitors, documents activities, and blocks unsafe materials while allowing kids access to the Internet.
As the world’s foremost authority on Internet security for families, Net Nanny can protect viewers from the following:
- Cyber Bullying
- Online Predators
- Social Network Dangers
- Internet Addiction
Net Nanny uses proprietary technology that includes
- Dynamic content filtering: Offensive material is removed according to your settings
- Parental controls: Set access by specific keywords, games, and websites according to each user.
- Get email alerts: Have emails sent to you when your child visits inappropriate sites.
- Monitor Social Media: You can monitor your child’s posts and chats on Facebook.
For more info, the following further highlight the importance of filtering the Internet for the protection of your family.
- Safeguard Devices from Kids
- Porn was a Problem in our Relationship – But Things Have Changed
- Net Nanny Protects a Teen Girl from a Sexual Predator
- The Damaging Effects of Internet Pornography
- Gangs use Social Networks to Find Victims
- Ask.fm used to Cyberbully
- Teen Online Behavior is Getting Past Parents
- Parents Care Less About Tracking Kids Online
Note from Russ Warner:
The Internet is an integral part of daily life. It is a wonderful source of information, facilitates commerce and work, keeps us up-to-date professionally and socially, and so much more. The darker side of the Internet is also just a few clicks away and there are many distractions and many who hope to corrupt or to victimize.
One effective way to stay safe online is to use tools to monitor browsing activity and social networking behavior. But more importantly, maintaining a level of open communication with children is also extremely effective and helpful.