Net Nanny and the Toshiba Satellite First Spark Laptop
Thank you for purchasing a Toshiba Satellite laptop with Net Nanny parental controls. This laptop was designed as a child’s first computer, with a sturdy case and Net Nanny parental controls pre-installed. Net Nanny helps parents to control their child’s Internet experience, allowing you to determine which sites your child can visit, blocking categories (such as pornography and violence), masking profanity, and much, much more. (Please note that this code is not the password for the software. Once Net Nanny is activated with this code and a password is established, you can manage the settings in Net Nanny according to your preferences.)
To activate Net Nanny:
- Ensure you have an active internet connection. (please note You must be connected to a private internet connection. Public internet access will not work )
- Reboot the computer (turn off computer completely by clicking on Start and then Shut Down)
- Access your Internet Browser
- As soon you access the Internet, you will see the "Net Nanny is ready for Setup!" screen
- Enter the following code: 8LSLADG2
- After entering the code, you will be prompted to put in your e-mail address and create your own Password
If you would like more assistance customizing your settings for Net Nanny, please visit our website for more information: www.netnanny.com.
If you need to remove Net Nanny from the computer altogether, please first activate the program following the previous instructions, then uninstall Net Nanny through your computer’s uninstall function as follows:
- Click Start
- Select Control Panel
- Select Programs & Features (or Uninstall A Program)
- Highlight Net Nanny
- Click Uninstall.
Thank you for your interest in Net Nanny.