LifeLock® and Net Nanny®: working together to protect your family online.
for Identity Threats
to Identity Theft
Your Credit Score
Identity thieves today can get a hold of your personal information from trash cans, dumpsters, stolen mail and even computer malware and viruses. Once identity thieves have your information it's easy for them to open new credit accounts and make purchases in your name. Most people comfort themselves with false hope that identity theft only "happens to other people." However, the numbers show you're more likely a target than you think:
- An identity is stolen every four seconds on average.1
- There were over 8.1 million victims of identity theft in 2010 in the United States alone.2
- It took an average of 33 hours to resolve an identity theft in 2010.3
How Does LifeLock Work?
LifeLock uses advanced technology to actively monitor your personal information and protect you before identity theft happens. LifeLock helps protect your name, address, social security number, and date of birth - against identity thieves who try to misuse it to open new credit cards, drain savings accounts or take out payday loans.
What do I get with my LifeLock membership?
- Identity Threat Detection and Alerts — Alerts you whenever LifeLock detects your personal information in fraudulent applications for credit and/or services within their extensive network.4
- Lost Wallet Protection — A lost or stolen wallet can leave you stranded as thieves go on a spending spree. If your wallet goes missing, just call us- any time, anywhere- and LifeLock will help complete the paperwork and steps necessary to cancel or replace the contents, to help stop fraudulent charges and get you back on your way. Coverage includes: credit/debit cards, driver's licenses, Social Security cards, insurance cards, checkbooks and travelers checks (pictures, cash, and cash equivalents excluded).
- Advanced Internet Monitoring — Patrols the web for the illegal selling or trading of your information. If activity is detected, LifeLock will alert you.
- Reduced Pre-approved Credit Offers — LifeLock will request your name be removed from pre-approved credit card offer mailing lists. This reduces the possibility of someone rifling through your mail and stealing your personal information.
- Address Change Verification — Warns you when a detected change of address is requested in your name, helping reduce your chances of mail fraud.
- 24/7/365 Member Service — Identity thieves never rest. Neither does LifeLock.
- $1 Million Total Service Guarantee — As a LifeLock member, if you become a victim of identity theft because of a failure in LifeLock service, LifeLock will spend up to $1,000,000 to hire experts to help restore your identity. (Restrictions apply. See www.lifelock.com for details.)5
1 Average based on information from Javelin Strategy & Research. "2011 Identity Fraud Survey Report." February 2011.
2, 3 Javelin Strategy & Research. "2011 Identity Fraud Survey Report." February 2011.
4 Network does not cover all transactions and scope may vary.
5 Due to New York State law restrictions, the LifeLock $1 Million Total Service Guarantee cannot be offered to residents of New York.
“I had to do so many things to make sure I got Stephanie back. I spent all the time on the phones, I had to forward my mail, I had to move, I had to take time off work. I was docked pay, I eventually had to move across the country and change jobs, and it was so disruptive to my life… It doesn’t matter how old you are, it doesn’t matter how much money you have or where you are, identity theft can strike you…Identity theft is a huge thing, and it really needs to be taken so much more seriously than it is.”
— Stephanie V.
"The significance of this event for me was that it was on a holiday and it was on a Sunday and no banks were open. LifeLock was open and had sent me the alerts and they protected me from the breach of my bank account. I believe that everyone should have identity theft protection as part of financial planning… I chose the LifeLock Ultimate package because I wanted the most comprehensive identity theft protection available."
— Nick R.
“Basically, someone has the keys to assume my identity. They don’t need a picture in order to assume my identity. And because my information is out there, I am exposed… They’ve tried to open Pay Day loans, they’ve tried to open revolving credit card accounts… Identity theft is a real problem today and, with LifeLock, I don’t really have to worry about those problems.”
— Delvin E.
“The guy who took my identity needed my name and my address and that was it…I think identity theft can happen to anyone and it’s not a question of if, it’s a question of when... I’m more at ease now that LifeLock is protecting me.”
— Jesse C.
“I’d never expected to become a victim of identity theft. It was something you hear about, you see it on the TV, but I did not expect it to happen to me…LifeLock helped me immensely. Every time I got a credit card trying to be opened up or a checking account opened up, I would get an alert. My family all knows that we’ve been victims of identity theft. They all know that we’re all members of LifeLock. I can’t stress enough to them how important it is to protect themselves from identity theft and using a service such as LifeLock. I will be LifeLock member for life.
— Kent P.