Installing Net Nanny
on Kindle Fire
Kindle Fire users may not see the Net Nanny application in their market. To download and install Net Nanny for that device, please follow the instructions below:
Kindle Fire Users
- Select the Settings icon (shaped like a gear) in the upper right corner of the screen
- Select “+ More…”
- Select “Device”
- Turn on “Allow Installation of Applications” (default is off)
- On the device, open a web browser and surf to: netnanny.com/downloads/430 and the download process will begin automatically. You will see a "1" in the upper notification bar indicating that the program is downloading. You can tap on the "1" in the notification bar at the top of your screen to see the download progress.
NOTE: The download may take several minutes.
- Once the download is complete, select the “Download Complete” message found in the notification bar and tap “Install” to begin the installation process.
- IMPORTANT: When the installation is complete, select "Open" to complete the set up of your device. Your device will not be protected until you complete this account set-up process, create a user and link this device to that user.
|Kindle Fire Support|
|Kindle Fire (original)||✓|
|Kindle Fire 2||X|
|Kindle Fire HD (1st gen)||X|
|Kindle Fire HD (2nd gen)||X|
|Kindle Fire HDX||✓|