No Internet or slowness after installing
Category: Net Nanny
In older versions of Net Nanny, customers occasionally found some slowing of their Internet speed after installing. In the latest version (and all active licenses are automatically updated), there should be no perceptible degradation in performance of your computer with Net Nanny on it.
If you are experiencing some slowness, it may be a result of some poor interaction between Net Nanny and another application on your computer. The Net Nanny tech support team is available from 8 am - 5pm to help troubleshoot this issue. Please call us at 800-485-4008, or click Live Chat during business hours to chat with one of our tech support specialists.
Please note that one of the main causes for slow or no connectivity is that the firewall, anti-virus and/or anti-spyware programs did not get disabled during installation. One of the first troubleshooting steps that can be taken is to uninstall and reinstall making sure these items are disabled during install. Click the link below for instructions for disabling common firewalls.
Instructions for disabling commonly used firewalls
For further troubleshooting uninstall Net Nanny or ContentProtect
- If uninstalling does not resolve your slow browsing or does not resolve your lack of internet conectivity please:
- Click StartRun, type SPORDER, click "ok."
- Do you see any of the following in the list: CWHOOK, CWLSP or CWALSP
- If you see any of those items listed after uninstalling Net Nanny or ContentProtect you can contact our technical support via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us toll free at 1-800-485-4008. Our phone support is available Monday - Friday from 8am to 5pm (MST).
- Please note also if you see an entry for SpamSubtract this could be causing the problem and will need to removed from your computer before reinstalling.
- If uninstalling the program does resolve the issue regarding internet connection or slowness, please send the following information to our technical support team at email@example.com so that they can assist in troubleshooting the cause:
System Information Request
- Click 'start' > 'run' type msinfo32 and press 'ok'.
- At the top of this System Information window, click 'File' and then 'Save'. Choose 'Desktop' for the 'Save in:' box. Type sysinfo in the 'File name:' box and click 'Save'.
- After it is done gathering your system information, there will be a sysinfo.nfo file on your desktop.
- Send that file as an attachment to me as reply to this e-mail as to keep all information together.
Please provide the registration number you have installed or the one that you are trying to install with.
Average rating: 1.6 out of 5 (65 Votes )
You cannot comment on this entry
82670/41%Last update: Tuesday, October 18, 2011