How do I disable the firewall in Norton Internet Security?
Please use the instructions below to disable Norton Internet Security and Norton 360:
- Open Norton Internet Security
- Click on Norton Internet Security tab
- Select Settings
- Click Auto- Protect > Turn Off
- Click Personal Firewall > Turn Off (to enable click on Turn On)
Disabling Norton 360
- Start Norton 360.
- In the Norton 360 main window, in the upper-right corner, click Tasks & Settings.
- In the Tasks & Settings window, on the right, click Change Advanced Settings.
- In the Advanced Settings window, click Virus & Spyware Protection Settings.
- In the Automatic Protection Settings tab, uncheck Turn on Auto-Protect, and then click Apply.
- Under "How long would you like to disable Auto-Protect for?" select Until I turn it back on, and then click OK.
- Click Firewall Protection Settings.
- Under Firewall, click Off.
- Click Apply.
- Under "How long should the firewall remain turned off?" select Until I turn back on, and then click OK.
- Click Close
If these instructions do not pertain to the version of the software that you have please contact Norton Technical Support.
Average rating: 2.65 out of 5 (135 Votes )
You cannot comment on this entry
198023/100%Last update: Thursday, July 31, 2008